We are aware of a Burglary happening in your area. While we work to deal with the incident here is some crime prevention advice to your property safe.
1. Low front boundary; keep hedges and walls at the front of your house low (under one metre) so burglars have nowhere to hide.
2. Secure side gate; keep side gates locked at all times. Open gates mean burglars can easily access your home without being seen by passers-by or neighbours.
3. High side and rear boundaries with trellis and spiky defensive planting; keep hedges, walls and fences around your back garden high (over 1.8 metres). Add lightweight trellis to gates and fences and plant some prickly plants to make it harder for burglars to climb over.
4. Gravel driveway and path; gravel driveways and paths make it harder for burglars to go undetected.
Security light; install an outside security light so that intruders can’t approach without being seen.
5.Intruder alarm system; install a burglar alarm system.
6. Secure your shed; always keep your shed locked and secured, and make sure it is anchored down to prevent it from being lifted in order to gain access. Often sheds contain valuables such as power tools and bicycles.
7. Never leave tools lying around; never leave tools lying around as they can be used as a way of breaking into your home.
For more information, please visit our website: https://www.gloucestershire.police.uk/staying-safe/
Remember, we're unable to accept reports of crime through Your Neighbourhood Alerts. If you need to report something, please call 101 or report online:
https://www.gloucestershire.police.uk/ro/report/ocr/af/how-to-report-a-crime/ Always call 999 in an emergency.